




I asked my mother where she wanted to go next while we were flying from Cebu to Manila (Dec. 18, 2011). She said Vigan. I told her, she sleep tight tonight, tomorrow, we will be on our way to Vigan. She said fine.
When we arrived from Cebu, I opened the hood of the hilux to check the engine, fluids, etc. Hilux was good to go. We had to unpack from Cebu then pack again to Vigan. I knew this was stressful for my 3 year old son. My wife, son, my mother were with me overnight in Cebu to attend my cousin's wedding, and will be with me to Vigan when we wake up tomorrow (Dec. 19, 2011). Schedule was tight, we had to do this. We left Manila at around 1300, and by 2200 Dec. 19 we were in Vigan. I told them we stay at Grandpa's Inn so that tomorrow, we will just walk from Grandpa's Inn to the main street of Vigan. We payed 2400 pesos overnight stay for a room with 2 double deck beds and restroom. Fair enough.
I woke up at 0600 Dec. 20, 2011 to take pictures of the main street Vigan. The place was peaceful and nice. When they woke up, we ate breakfast at Grandpa's. It was nice. Then one of their employees arranged 2 "kalesas" for us to ride around Vigan. We payed 800 pesos for the 2 "kalesas". It was better to ride the kalesas to feel "The Vigan". We went to the church, the bell tower, Father Burgos' house, where we saw the belongings of the priest, old things, old pictures, nice old piano, etc. Then we went to the pot making place, and then to Hidden Garden where we ate the "Vigan empanada". Hidden garden sells plants too. The locations are geotagged in my panoramio.
http://www.panoramio.com/user/4313883?comment_page=1&photo_page=4
By 1200 noon, my mother was already tired, so we went back to Grandpa's Inn to rest, take a bath and to eat lunch. There were still many places to go in our itinerary, but my mom said to cancel them (she was old and tired). We ate heavy lunch, then walked at the main street of Vigan to buy bagnet, vigan longanisa, t shirts, etc. Then we drove home to Manila.
That was a day filled with good things, we were happy ",
No comments:
Post a Comment